National Marrow Donor Program® 22nd Edition Standards and Glossary (effective May 1, 2014), replaces the 21st Edition Standards, (effective October 1, 2011).
For a summary of the differences between the 21st and 22nd Editions of Standards, refer to the Record of Change document on the Web site.
The NMDP Standards are reviewed on a 2 year cycle. As part of this review process, the NMDP invites comments from the public on the content of the NMDP Standards. Send your comments at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the justification for any proposed changes. The Standards Advisory Group will review and evaluate all comments with the next revision cycle.
- NMDP 22ND Edition, Standards and Glossary (PDF) (effective May 1, 2014)
- Record of Change, 22nd Edition (PDF)
- NMDP Standards, 21st Edition (PDF) (effective October 1, 2011)
Center-specific participation criteria
NMDP standards are designed to ensure that donors and patients receive high quality care and that government standards are met.
Cord Blood Bank
- Member Cord Blood Bank Participation Criteria (PDF)
- NMDP Current Inventory Requirements for New Cord Blood Units (PDF)
- Policy for NMDP CBB IND Renewal and Qualification (PDF)
International Donor Centers and Registries
Participation center criteria comments, suggestions or questions related to the NMDP participation criteria are welcome, and can be made by e-mailing email@example.com.